Expression of Interest – Legal Advisor
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF LEGAL ADVISORS – EOI Ref. No: “EOI-LA-2/12-01”
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) is a body corporate established under section 4 of the ICT Act, with object and functions enshrined under section 16 and 18 respectively of the ICT Act 2001, as amended.
The ICTA invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from well established and suitably experienced Lawyers/Law firms to act as Legal Advisor to ICTA in terms of the eligibility criteria, scope of work and other terms and conditions set out hereunder.
The Selected Lawyer/Law firm will be required to submit their advice to Legal Assistants at the ICTA in their fulfillment of the day to day duties and responsibilities and in accordance with the Scope of Work below.
The ICTA proposes to hire the services of Legal Advisor on a contract basis for a period of ONE year from the date of award at the first instance, which may be extended with revised terms and conditions subject to satisfactory performance.
- The Applicant should have a degree in Law from a recognised university and should have at least ten (10) years practice experience in the profession. A Master’s degree in Telecommunication, IT or related law would be desirable and an added advantage.
- The Applicant should have acted as a legal advisor/ consultant to any regulatory authority in Mauritius or overseas.
- The Applicant should have knowledge of the legislations related to the ICT in general.
- Publications of articles/books, if any, would be desirable.
Scope of Work
- To advise on strategy of enforcement of the provisions of the ICT Act and Electronic Transactions Act.
- To advise on amendments, if any, to legislations for the proper discharge of the ICTA duties and functions
- To advise on all legal aspects related to the operations of the ICTA
- To handle any legal matters pertaining to ICTA falling under any other laws in force, as may be assigned.
Other terms and conditions
- In case the Applicant is employed, a No objection letter from the employer should be produced.
- The ICTA reserves the right to cancel/withdraw the invitation without assigning any reason thereof.
- The ICTA reserves the right to accept/reject any proposal or call for any clarification/information/presentation.
- The ICTA reserves the right to discontinue the services of the appointed Lawyer/Law firms at any point of time on account of non-satisfactory performance by the Lawyer.
- The Lawyer/Law firm has the right to discontinue the services with two months advance notice.
- There is no fee for participation in the EOI.
- No financial offer should be made at this stage.
Submission of EOI
Interested parties may submit their EOI addressed to the Chairman Tender Committee in sealed envelope, clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Selection of Legal Advisor, (EOI-LA-2/12-01)” and deposited in the Tender Box located at the reception of the ICT Authority, Level 12, The Celicourt, 6, Sir Celicourt Antelme Street, Port Louis, on or before Monday 27 February 2012 up to 15.00hrs at latest
The Executive Director
12th Floor, The Celicourt
Sir Celicourt Antelme Street
13 February 2012