Vacancy ED 2018
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) is the National Regulatory body for the ICT and telecommunications sector in Mauritius.
Our Vision is to play a leading role in the future of ICT in Mauritius contributing to an efficient, competitive and optimally regulated ICT sector.
Our Mission is to promote affordable and adequate access to quality ICT services through functional market-driven competition and regulatory principles in a trouble-free Networked Information and Knowledge Society.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Executive Director (ED)
The Executive Director shall report to the ICT Board and shall be responsible for the execution of the policy and the control and management of the day-to-day business of the Authority.
1. The applicant should hold at least a Master’s Degree in engineering or technology with specialization in either electronics and/or telecommunications or computer-science or Information Technology from a recognised University.
The applicant should:
1. have at least 10 years’ experience at senior Management level either in ICT/ Telecommunications regulation or ICT/Telecommunications services or ICT/Telecommunications operations or telecom industry,
2. have demonstrated in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, the multidisciplinary area of ICT regulation which includes licensing, spectrum management, numbering administration, ICT business model evaluation, tariffing, interconnection and dispute resolution,
3. be fully conversant with the workings of international organizations such as ITU, ITSO, CTO, amongst others, through active participation, and contribution in relevant conferences,
4. have a knowledge of the application of Mauritian legislation in the ICT sector and of other relevant legal framework in general,
5. have proven track record in the conception, development and implementation of ICT Strategies,
6. have experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in the area of ICT regulation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be responsible for the execution of the policy and the control and management of the day to day business of the Authority,
2. Implement the objects and functions of the Authority in accordance with the directives of the Board,
3. Advise the Board on relevant policy matters as required,
4. Lead on-going, and initiate new research projects at the Authority,
5. Perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Executive Director in the roles ascribed to them,
6. Be responsible for the execution of the functions of the Postal Authority.
The salary package shall be negotiable and shall be based on qualification and experience.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Friday 30th November 2018 at 16:00 hrs.
Application form duly filled-in together with full Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents must be sent to:
Information and Communication Technologies Authority
The Celicourt Building
6 Celicourt Antelme Street
Job reference: ‘Executive Director’ should be specified on the top left hand corner of the envelope. Application can also be sent by email to email@example.com .
Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview. The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
1st November 2018