Vacancy Accounts Clerk 2022
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Accounts Clerk on the permanent and pensionable establishment of the ICT Authority.
1. Age Limit
Candidates, unless already employed in the pubic sector or in parastatal organisations, should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
- Diploma in Financial Management and /or Accounting from a recognised institution or
- A pass at level I of the ACCA examination or
- Any alternative qualification acceptable to the Authority
- Should be computer literate
3. Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Senior Accountant.
- To ensure that all financial transactions of the Authority/Department are properly accounted for in accordance with the basic principles of the financial management.
- To ensure the correct financing of department policy with all safeguards against waste and loss.
- Adherence to the principles, procedures and practices of the Financial Management Manual and departmental instructions as approved by the ICT Authority and/or Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
- To maintain a proper system of accounts and to guard against irregularity and fraud.
- To assist in the preparation and monitoring of Estimates and Financial Statements.
- To keep proper, complete and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- To provide assistance in the processing of audit queries related to financial issues.
- To ensure timely collection of revenue due to the Authority against targets and standard set by Management.
- To make use of Information Technology tools in the performance of duties, e.g to input data and to extract financial report for management of information.
- To be responsible for cash office and perform associated duties including bank deposits.
- To perform such other duties directly related to the Finance Department or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Accounts Clerks in the roles ascribed to them.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Friday 25th November 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
Application form duly filled-in, together with full Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents must be sent to:
The HR Manager
Information and Communication Technologies Authority
The Celicourt Building
6, Celicourt Antelme Street
Envelopes should be clearly marked the post applied for on the top left-hand corner.
Applications can also be sent by email to ‘email@example.com’
Onus to seek equivalence of qualifications rests with the candidate.
Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
11th November 2022