Vacancy DMC 2021
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) is the National Regulatory body for the ICT and telecommunications sector in Mauritius.
Our Vision is to play a leading role in the future of ICT in Mauritius contributing to an efficient, competitive and optimally regulated ICT sector.
Our Mission is to promote affordable and adequate access to quality ICT services through functional market-driven competition and regulatory principles in a trouble-free Networked Information and Knowledge Society.
Director of Marketing and Communications (DMC)
- Holder of a Masters degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or any other related field
- At least 5 years experience in the field of Communication, Marketing and/or Public relations
B. Candidates should –
- have proven track record in the area of communications and/or marketing through professional and/or scholarly activities
- have proven ability to communicate proficiently in English and French
- be computer literate
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To advise the Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) on ways and means to project and market its image as an efficient and responsive independent regulatory body.
2. To set up and maintain an effective internal and external communication mechanism including communications between the ICTA and: –
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) enterprises
- The electronic and print media, both local and foreign
- Mauritian Public Institutions
- Organisations involved in Research & Development and the academic community
- Consumers generally
- Regional and international organisations promoting and regulating ICT related services
3. To set up procedures to effectively deal with consumers and operators complaints.
4. To be responsible for the organisation of media events, briefings and press conferences and preparation of information kits as may be required in the discharge of the day to day running of the ICTA.
5. To be responsible for disseminating information in relation to the ICTA activities in the promotion of an ICT culture in Mauritius.
6. Perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from a Director of Marketing and Communications in the roles ascribed to him.
3. SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS
4. DURATION OF CONTRACT
5. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
20th of May 2021 at 16:00 hrs.
Application form duly filled-in together with full Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents must be sent to:
The HR Manager
Information and Communication Technologies Authority
The Celicourt Building
6, Celicourt Antelme Street
Port Louis 11302
Job reference: ‘Director of Marketing and Communications ’ should be specified on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Onus to seek equivalence of qualifications rests with the candidate.
Application can also be sent by email to email@example.com
Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
5 May 2021