Vacancy MSRLA 2020
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) is the National Regulatory body for the ICT and telecommunications sector in Mauritius.
Our Vision is to play a leading role in the future of ICT in Mauritius contributing to an efficient, competitive and optimally regulated ICT sector.
Our Mission is to promote affordable and adequate access to quality ICT services through functional market-driven competition and regulatory principles in a trouble-free Networked Information and Knowledge Society.
Manager Service Regulation and Legal Affairs (MSRLA)
- Holder of LLB (Hons) or any recognised equivalent;
- LLM would be desirable;
- Should have a minimum of five years’ standing with active practice at the Bar;
B. Candidates should –
- possess good management, leadership, effective communication and negotiation skills;
- be able to establish good working relationships with other departments and with stake holders, and
- be computer literate
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report to the Executive Director or Director of Service Regulation and Legal Affairs;
2. Manage the Department of Service Regulation and Legal Affairs;
3. Attend and participate in international meetings in matters of policy and regulation;
4. Extend assistance in arbitration matters;
5. Vet contracts, licences and other agreements;
6. Draft regulations, directives and decisions as may be required;
7. Handle briefs before the ICT Appeal Tribunal or any other court of competent jurisdiction;
8. Represent the Authority in court proceedings;
9. Chair hearing sessions at the Authority;
10. Provide legal assistance to other departments, where required;
11. Coordinate with legal counsel/advisors for legal related matters;
12. Manage database for court cases, relevant laws and regulations;
13. Act as interface between the Service Regulation and Legal Affairs Department and other departments for all legal related matters;
14. Perform such other duties directly related to the Legal Department or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from incumbents in the roles ascribed to them.
Rs 101,000 plus ER
4. DURATION OF CONTRACT
The incumbent will be entitled to benefits as approved by the ICT Board, including gratuity, duty-free facilities, medical scheme and passage benefit among others.
6. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Friday 18th December 2020 at 16:00 hrs.
Application form duly filled-in together with full Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents must be sent to:
The HR Manager
Information and Communication Technologies Authority
The Celicourt Building
6 Celicourt Antelme Street
Job reference: ‘Manager Service Regulation and Legal Affairs ’ should be specified on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Onus to seek equivalence of qualifications rests with the candidate.
Application can also be sent by email to email@example.com
Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
4th December 2020