Manager Service Regulation and Legal Affairs
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICT Authority) is the National Regulatory Body for the ICT and telecommunications sector in Mauritius.
Our Vision is to play a leading role in the future of ICT in Mauritius contributing to an efficient, competitive and optimally regulated ICT sector.
Our Mission is to promote affordable and adequate access to quality ICT services through functional market-driven competition and regulatory principles in a trouble-free Networked Information and Knowledge Society.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of:
Manager Service Regulation and Legal Affairs (MSRLA)
- Holder of LLB (Hons) or any recognised equivalent;
- LLM would be desirable;
- Should have a minimum of five years’ standing with active practice at the Bar;
B. Candidates should –
(i) possess good management, leadership, effective communication and negotiation skills;
(ii) be able to establish good working relationships with other departments and with stake holders, and;
(iii) be computer literate;
C. Experience in a regulatory environment will be an advantage.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Executive Director or Director of Service Regulation and Legal Affairs;
- Manage the Department of Service Regulation and Legal Affairs;
- Attend and participate in international meetings in matters of policy and regulation;
- Extend assistance in arbitration matters;
- Vet contracts, licences and other agreements;
- Draft regulations, directives and decisions as may be required;
- Handle briefs before the ICT Appeal Tribunal or any other court of competent jurisdiction;
- Represent the Authority in court proceedings;
- Chair hearing sessions at the Authority;
- Provide legal assistance to other departments, where required;
- Coordinate with legal counsel/advisors for legal related matters;
- Manage database for court cases, relevant laws and regulations;
- Act as interface between the Service Regulation and Legal Affairs Department and other departments for all legal related matters;
- Perform such other duties directly related to the Legal Department or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from incumbents in the roles ascribed to them.
Rs 107,000 plus ER.
4. DURATION OF CONTRACT
One-year renewable upon the Authority being satisfied of the performance of the incumbent.
5. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Wednesday 25th October 2023.
- Applications must be submitted online ONLY, through the above link.
- Applications received otherwise will not be considered.
- Applications received after closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the On-Line Application Form will entail elimination of the candidate.
- Onus to seek equivalence of qualifications ( if required) rests with the candidate.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
- The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
The ICT Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
10th October 2023