Vacancies November 2009
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) is the National Regulatory body for the ICT and Telecommunications sectors and the Postal Services in Mauritius.
Our Vision is to play a leading role in the future of ICT in Mauritius contributing to an efficient, competitive and optimally regulated ICT sector.
Our Mission is to promote affordable and adequate access to quality ICT services through functional market-driven competition and regulatory principles in a trouble-free Networked Information and Knowledge Society.
In line with the HR development plan of the ICTA, opportunities currently exist for the following positions:-
- Director of Service Regulation and Legal Affairs
- Legal Officer
- Engineer/Licensing Officer
- IT & Systems Engineer
ICTA invites applications from interested candidates for the above positions.
- To be eligible, applicants must have achieved a level of education and/or experience as specified in the requirements for the relevant positions posted on the ICTA website on https://www.icta.mu/vacancies “Doc REF: ICTA/VAC/Nov09/02”
- To be considered for any of the above posts, applicants must submit detailed curriculum vitae, certified true copies of certificates* and a cover letter by registered post to the ICTA. The position applied for should be clearly quoted on the envelope top left hand corner.
Eligibility of candidates will be assessed in compliance with all formal requirements by the closing date for the submission of applications. Only selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Terms of Employment
Either on a two-year renewable contract, or on the permanent and pensionable establishment, subject to successfully completing one year probation, or such other period, as may be determined by the ICT Board.
Submission of applications
Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director, Information and Communication Technologies Authority, 12th Floor, The Celicourt, 6 Sir Celicourt Antelme Street, Port Louis and should reach the ICTA at latest on the 11th December 2009 by 16.00 hrs.
ICTA is an equal opportunity employer and takes care to avoid any form of discrimination.
* Important Note: Only photocopies of the original certificates that have been duly certified by a recognised tertiary institution, or the Ministry of Education, Culture and Human Resources, or a practising Attorney or Notary, with the necessary seal, shall be deemed to be true copies of the originals and shall be accepted.
The Authority reserves the right neither to proceed with any appointment following this advertisement, nor to assign any reason whatsoever for its decision.
26 November 2009